Friends and Family,
GRACE Ferraro are not only miracle babies, but they are also the healthiest set of Quintuplets ever born.
Gabby and Emmy came home (Apt in AZ) Friday at 35 weeks. Riley and Cooper will be coming home tomorrow at 35 weeks, 4 days. Addy will come home on Wednesday at 35 weeks, 5 days. The previous set of Quints widely considered the heaviest and healthiest ever born came home between 35 weeks, 5 days and 36 weeks, 6 days. God is good, and the real fun begins as we scramble now to to get ready.
Please pray that Meryl will be able to get rid of the stomach bug that has been bothering her for the past week and a half. Also, that she will be able to fully recover and heal from the surgery/C Section she had less than 3 weeks ago. I will be flying home to CA this Thursday night through Tuesday afternoon to finalize everything that needs to be done with our house to get it ready to bring the babies home on Thursday 10/25. Please pray for extra strength and quality of sleep for both Meryl and I as we try to tackle a list of things needed to prepare and organize for bringing all 5 babies home. Pray especially for Meryl as she will be here with her mom and aunt with 6 kids (including Gianna). Lastly, please pray for a safe and uneventful trip home to CA next Thursday 10/25. We are all excited and a little anxious as well. It will be nice to finally be HOME together after 4 months of transitions and travel.
Some of you have asked me to share a current TO DO list to get our house ready to see what you may be able to help with. If you are willing and able to help this weekend or any upcoming weekend with any of these projects, please let me know. Also, if you are able to run point on any of these projects or have the tools/equipment to complete them, please let me know so I can take them off my list of things to manage this coming weekend. I really appreciate everyone who is able to help and everyone who continues to pray for us. I know so many of you have already gone above and beyond to help with other projects the past few months.
I loosely tried to put these in order of priority from Top Priority to Least Priority.
HOME TO DO LIST (MUST BE DONE BY THIS WEEKEND)
1. Painting - Complete Window Trims, 2 small bathrooms, hallway cabinets/pantry/walls, hallway ceiling.
2. General Cleaning - Walls, windows, etc...
3. Move in all furniture to house and organize all rooms (especially baby rooms, kitchen, and living room).
4. Replace and Install Leaking Kitchen Sink Faucet
5. Purchase, pick up, and install new fridge in kitchen (Anyone have a truck to borrow? - If you are selling a French Door, Bottom Freezer Fridge, let me know. I may buy it from you.)
6. Install Child Safety gate at top/bottom of stairs (Need 1 more)
7. Reinstall and clean all blinds throughout house.
8. Pick up Curtains from Dry Cleaner and reinstall in living room.
9. Purchase and Install bathroom mirror in downstairs bathroom (not sure if previous owner took old mirror? Anyone have an extra one?)
10. Replace and Install Kitchen Ceiling Lighting
11. Purchase and Install new lighting fixture in dining room ceiling
12. Install ceiling fan/light in downstairs baby room.
HOME TO DO LIST (PREFER TO HAVE DONE BY THIS WEEKEND, BUT COULD WAIT UNTIL WE COME HOME)
1. Install washer/dryer in laundry room (Purchase kit to stack washer/dryer - anyone ever done this before?)
2. Build and Install Pantry shelving in Kitchen.
3. Fix 2 leaking sprinkler heads in Front Yard
4. Purchase and Build/Install Gate along driveway to keep kids (Gianna) contained in back yard.
5. Set up Computer to Internet and TV to Cable.
6. Repair small damage spots in wood floors (Call Cooper Floors).
7. Drywall and insulate 3 small closets in upstairs bedrooms to make them usable for storage, etc.
NON-HOME RELATED TASKS
1. Call/Email all volunteer caregivers to give NICU instructions (Flu Shot, Tdap, etc) and find out dates/times available to organize schedule starting 10/25.
2. Make/Print 3x5 Prayer Cards and Flyers to pass out to Adult Fellowships to help communicate our needs more clearly and recruit volunteers and donations.
3. Buy and Stock lots and lots of diapers, wipes, etc. The babies are burning through our current stock fast!!