Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions people have asked us. If you have a question, submit it as a comment and we will do our best to answer all of your questions.
Did you use infertility drugs or was
the pregnancy natural?
- Did you use IVF?
How did you come with acronym G.R.A.C.E.?
used fertility drugs to help Meryl start the ovulation process, and the
rest was all natural.
What made you decide to keep all 5
babies instead of fetal reduction?
represents the favor and love of God given to us freely. It influences us and strengthens us to
live life to its fullest potential.
We want our children to be full of Grace in their lives and be a
blessing to those around them.
2:40 “The Child (Jesus) continued to grow and become strong, increasing
in wisdom; and the grace of God was upon Him.”
- We love the song "Amazing Grace"
- We figured if we named them with an acronym, we can call them "Grace" and they will all come running to us and give their full undivided attention (LOL).
Do you have help with taking care of
the babies? What is your plan to
take care of them?
definitely didn’t sign up for 5 babies, but we believe all children are
precious blessings from God.
Despite the challenges we know will come and the sacrifices we
will have to make as parents of 6 kids, Meryl and I didn’t feel it was
right for us to choose for some of our kids to live and some to die. As a parent, how can you make that
choice when you love your kids so much?
Were you surprised when you found out
there were 5 babies?
counting on you, our family, and our brothers and sisters in Christ to
help. We know we can’t do it
alone, but we also know God will provide for every need we have and even
more than that. We are taking it 1 day at a time.
Are you planning on doing a reality
- Yes. We had no idea that 5 kids was even a
possibility. Only 1 in 60 million
pregnancies have 5 or more babies.
Are you going to buy a new car to fit
all those kids?
are no plans at this time. But, we
may be open to it in the future if the right opportunity comes our way.
Were they born at full
term (40 weeks)?
would love to buy a Sprinter van. They are not cheap, so we are praying for some generous donors to help us purchase one.
In the meantime, we always take 2 cars whenever we have to transport the whole family. It would be nice to take 1 vehicle, but we are waiting to see what God provides for us.
How long did they spend in the NICU?
- The average
Quintuplets are born at 27-28 weeks.
Meryl carried them to 32 weeks, 5 days. We hoped to deliver them at 8:09am on 10/11/12. We fell short by 15 days from our goal when Gabrielle's water broke and sent Meryl into labor. But, God was faithful and our Quintuplets are the healthiest Quintuplets ever born.
Did you have a C-section or
- They were in the NICU between 16-21 days after birth. Gabby/Emmy were there for 16 days, Riley and Cooper were there for 20 days, and Addy was there for 21 days. They all got out of the NICU by 35 weeks, 5 days gestational age (8 days earlier than any other set of Quintuplets in history). Thank you Dr. Watercotte and his NICU team for their excellent work and loving care of our babies in their first couple of weeks!!
Why did you go to AZ for the delivery?
Section. Most twins and above deliveries are C sections.
How can we get information or stay
updated with what is going on?
How can we pray for you?
John Elliott is the most experienced High Order Multiple Perinatologist / OB in the
world. From the first time we met
him, we had confidence in his skill and results. He is the best in the world, and there
was too much at stake for our kid’s health to go with any other doctor. He has delivered 14 Quintuplets, 100+ Quads and almost 1000 Triplets to date.
Who was the first to crawl?
health and recovery
continued health and development
need an army of Volunteers to help with taking care of our children.
structure, schedule & organization to make it easier on mom/kids.
- Solid Volunteer
team for Thursdays so Meryl can return to work 1 day/week
Provision of our needs
and skill in Parenting 6 kids
- Gianna feeling loved & cared for with a lot of attention focused on GRACE
and John Communication, Teamwork, and Connection in our marriage.
– success and favor at work to help provide for family financially.
- Our daily quiet time with God to spend time with our Creator and Father.
- Finances - Skill and faithfulness to live within our means and trust God's daily provision.
Who was the first to walk?
- Cooper was first, then Riley & Emmy, then Addy, and Gabby was last.
Who was the first to talk and what was their first word?
- Coming soon...they are all standing at 10 months...we'll see who takes their first steps soon.
- Gabby seems to be practicing the most with "ba-ba". Coming soon with more updates.
Post a Comment